Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day



On Veteran's Day, I am thankful for all of the military men in our family, especially my husband. Todd is a wonderful, dedicated man and endures a lot of seperation from family & home to serve our country. He's served overseas twice as well as numerous places in the United States. His hard work, dedication and bravery make us all proud. I've been known to tear up when I hear the National Anthem, the last line "Home of the Brave" gets me everytime. The tears flow because I am proud of Todd as well as our family.
Todd in Iraq


Todd & I before his promotion to Master Sereant in 2008


My father-in-law Charlie served in the Marines in Vietnam, I used to enjoy his stories about Vietnam. He didnt talk about it a lot, but when he did I listened.


My Grandad Beil was a Navy Sea-Bee during World War II. He was in the same job field as Todd, which is pretty cool I think.


I"m thankful to have a legacy of men who serve in our country. They are all heroes, but none of them think they are. We love you.


2 comments: