Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Perfect Fall Day

This past Monday was a rare day- our girls and their friends were off from school, all of the parents were off of work & it was the most glorious Fall day this season. We all seized the day, throwing to the side house work & broken dryers that needed fixing; packed sparsely nutritous lunches and headed to Briery Lake. We took over a boat dock, spread out blankets, unfolded chairs and enjoyed the most wonderful day I have had in a long time. There was fish catching & releasing, canoe rides- I am not good at canoeing- and lots of relaxing!

The "Big" Girls. Nichole, Tilly, Caroline & Kiara

The "Little" girls. Abbey & Lilian

They had so much fun fishing with the fish cage!

Me & Sherry


Gregg, Sherry & Paul

Todd

Todd taking the girls for a ride.


Nichole & I on our ill fated canoe ride!
Did I mention I am not good at canoeing?

Kimberly & gals enjoying some nutritous Doritos.

The day ended with a great night. We all went out to eat and played frisbee in the parking lot of a restaurant while waiting for it to open. It's days like these that I count my blessings of family, friends & life.

1 comment: