Sunday, September 25, 2011

Summer Heartbeat

The Hearbeat of our Summer was a fast paced yet enjoyable rhythm that kept us on our toes.

Nichole's 5th grade Graduation

Nichole graduated from 5th Grade! Good Bye Elementary School & Hello Middle School!! It's hard to believe, I swear I just put her on the school bus yesterday for her first day of Kindergarten. I am so proud of her achievments, she kept a straight A average all the way through Elementary School, made a lot of good friends, was a stand out performer in the 5th grade play and most importantly learned a lot about who she is and has become a pretty awesome pre-teen! 







Joe & Danielle's Wedding


About an hour after Nichole's graduation, we loaded into the mini van to head to Ohio for Joe & Danielle's Wedding! The drive to Ohio was beautiful and we hit the ground running with last minute wedding preperations.  Our good friends Sherry, Paul & Kiara came with us and Paul officiated the wedding. Nichole was a lovely Junior Bridesmaid, Abbey was the most beautiful flower girl ever and I was a Bridemaid. It was a beautiful celebration. I am so proud of the man my brother has turned out to be. He is caring and kind, strong, generous and so much fun. I stood in awe of him many times that weekend, filling with pride as a big sister/mom would, watching him take that big step with so much confidence and so much love for Danielle.  


Mr & Mrs Beil



Briery Country Club Pool

The pool was my favorite place to be this summer! There was nothing better than leaving the Ice Cream store, throwing on my bathing suit and heading to the pool to meet my girls and friends.  Unless of course it was Monday or Tuesday and I got to spend the whole day at the pool with my girls. We practically lived there this summer! My favorite times were at night, when the sun was setting, the moms were chasing the sun rays as the sun set behind trees and the kids would start a nightime game of sharks and minnows. The kids and parents at the pool became a close knit family, I look forward to picking up where we left off next year, when the glorious days of summer return.


SUMMER!!!




Abbey seemed to always have goggles on her head, even if we weren't at the pool!





Father's Day

We had a Father's Day party for Todd via Skype this year. We made the call special with signs and lots of silliness. The girls, including our friend Tilly, had lots of fun with Todd goofing around and playing with the camera. Nichole took the picture of Todd & I kissing. It's a favorite picture of mine, it says a lot about being a military wife.



A Kiss from the other side of the World!


Fourth of July

The days leading up to the 4th of July were bitter sweet for me. I have put on a pretty hard shell while Todd has been gone and have tried not to let any sadness for missing him effect me. He & I have always loved the 4th of July and love celebrating it together. Unexpectedly so, it was my kryptonite and I was feeling weak without him. So, in the days leading up to the 4th, I was sad and I found it hard to express how I was feeling to anyone. But it turned out to be an AWESOME day!! 
We rented a pontoon boat with my best bunch of friends and my mom too, and spent the day on the Lake!! We tubed, swam, laughed, ate, swam some more, saved Sherry, Kiara & Anne T from being pulled away in a strong current and chased a horrible storm back to the dock. It was so much fun and a day that will be forever etched in my mind as an epidome of summer fun with friends and family.


Me, Abbey & Sherry



Mom & Nichole


Anne T & Tilly
Paul & Kiara
Enjoying the swimming hole

Gregg


Tilly, Kiara & Nichole




Polar Xpress

It's been a busy season at my ice cream store. I can't express how much I love my little store and how much I love being there and visiting with my customers. I am curently trying to figure out how I can make my season last longer! I will be open til Halloween and hopefully through November.
 


Abbey, Pearl & Lilian

Tilly, Nichole, Zach, Annie & Caroline

This summer flew past with lightning speed and yet I can look back at the memories we made during our "girl's only" summer and watch every moment go by in slow motion with a smile on my face. I am blessed to be where I am and with the people I am surrounded by.



No comments:

Post a Comment