Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Monticello

This week Nihcole & I went on her final official elementary school field trip. We went to Monticello, which was absolutely beautiful & a lot of fun! Originally, she had asked me not to go, but at the last minute I decided I had to go, whether she wanted me to go or not! We were both happy I went.


The front door of Thomas Jeffersons house.Upon entering we stood in a grand waiting room filled with artifacts from the Lewis & Clark expidition.

The rear of the house, with it's famous rotunda.


The North Privy! Very modern for their time.


Jarrett, Annie, Nichole & Caroline


The most wonderful 5th graders I know!
 There were thousands of tadpoles swimming in this pond.


Kimberly & I in the gardens


Nichole "leaning" on Monticello


Thomas Jefferson & crew

 This field trip marked the beginning of party season for Nichole. SOL's are over, now they get to enjoy their last days of elementary school with field trips, field days & riding roller coasters! King's Dominion here we come....

No comments:

Post a Comment